How to register
(a) Regular registrations
By the deadline of 31 JULY 2022:
- Complete a registration order through the registration/abstract submission portal on this event website by entering your details on the registration form and choosing a payment method. You will receive an automated 'order received email' with full instructions of how to pay, and a copy of the order in PDF.
- Submit your abstract via the 'My abstract' tab in the registration/abstract portal [mandatory for application for travel grants – see below]. See the Abstract section of the website for more details.
(b) Travel grant applications
By the deadline of 20 JUNE 2022:
- Complete a 'Travel Grant Applicant' registration order through the registration/abstract submission portal on this event website by entering your details on the registration form and selecting the travel grant waiver option. You will receive an automated 'order received email' with a reminder on other steps.
- During this process, upload a single file (accepted formats are pdf, zip and rar) containing all supporting documents for your application:
- the name and address of your lab head/supervisor and letter of recommendation
- a summary of your reasons for applying to the event and your research interests (max 300 words)
- a concise CV (max 2 pages)
- for applicants for FEBS Youth Travel Fund awards, your Constituent Society membership proof, age id and proof of status
- Submit your abstract via the 'My abstract' tab in the registration/abstract portal. Abstract submission is mandatory for consideration of your application. See the Abstract section of the website for more details.
(a) Regular registrations: An ‘order received e-mail’ message with full instructions on how to pay is automatically sent to your inbox when you complete an order. An 'order confirmed e-mail’ message will be sent to you when organizers receive the fund and confirm your registration payment.
(b) Travel grant applicants: An ‘order received e-mail’ message with a reminder on other steps will be automatically sent to your inbox when you complete an order. Notification on outcomes of travel grant applications will sent by 15 JULY 2022. Unsuccesful travel grant applicants will be invited to switch their application to a regular registration with payment.
Cankarjev dom takes care of the accommodation and registrations fees. You will receive a link in your confirmation e-mail where you will be able to complete the registration process, select your accommodation and get the necessary bank details.
Registration fees include access to the event sessions, name badge, certificate of attendance, book of abstracts, meals and refreshment breaks and gala dinner. Travel costs are not covered.
Meals/refreshments covered by the registration fees are breakfasts at the hotel, lunches, dinners and refreshements at the venue, as well as the welcome cocktail and the event dinner at a restaurant of the hotel Lovec.
|Regular - no accommodation||470,00 €|
|Student - no accommodation||380,00 €|
|Accompanying person||300,00 €|
Terms and Conditions
By registering for the event, participants (also referred to as 'you') are entering an agreement with the Course Organizer(s) [insert link on ‘Course Organizers’ to Course Organizers webpage, where the responsible ‘Course Organizers' should be clearly distinguished from other committee members], and you are indicating acceptance to the terms and conditions set out below.
The registration Fee for participants covers:
- Access to all scientific programme sessions
- Meals and refreshments as set out above
- Name badge, printed materials and certificate of attendance
- Invitation to Get-Together and and gala dinner on the last day of the conference
Please note that all registration fees include VAT. Travel costs are not covered by the registration fee.
Methods of Payment
Payments must be made by bank transfer; details will be sent in your ‘order received email’.
Bank charges are the responsibility of the participant and should be paid at source. Your Name, Surname and Order ID must be indicated on the transaction receipt of the bank transfer. Following the payment, receipt of the transaction must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proof of payment must be received before the stated deadline. If you do not receive an ‘order confirmed email’ within two business days after sending your proof of payment / receipt of transaction, please contact email@example.com.
Registration cancellation & refund policy
All registration cancellation requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org in writing. For cancellation requests received on or before June, 30 2022, the full payment, less bank charges, will be refunded; for cancellation requests received on and after August, 1 2022, the full amount will be charged and no refunds will be made. No cash refunds will be made for credit card payments in the case of cancellation.
You must not attend the event if you are displaying symptoms of COVID-19 or are required to place yourself in quarantine. You should seek and follow the advice of your government before booking travel to the event and before travelling to the event. You are solely responsible for making your own appropriate travel and other insurance arrangements before booking travel. The Course Organizers and FEBS shall not be liable to you for any losses incurred as a result of travel restrictions being placed against you or against certain countries due to COVID-19.
Modification and cancellation of the event
The Course Organizers are intending to run the event as a physical meeting, but if they decide at any time that it is not possible to continue with a physical event due to pandemic or other such restrictions, the event may be postponed or held as an online meeting. The Course Organizers will give you as much advance notice as possible if such changes are necessary. If the meeting is converted to an online format, they will refund the accommodation element of the registration fee. The Courses organizers reserve the right to modify the Course programme, whether physical or online, which is published as an indication only.
If postponement or a virtual event is not possible, and the event is cancelled, the Course Organizers will refund you the registration fee less bank charges. Organizers may cancel the event as a result of circumstances outside of their reasonable control, including (but not limited to) pandemic, natural disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire or closure of airports. The Course Organizers also reserve the right to cancel the event due to disruption caused by Covid-19. Where possible, they will endeavour to provide reasonable advance notice of any such cancellation.
Neither FEBS nor the Course Organizers shall be held liable for any other costs or losses incurred.
The Course organizers take all reasonable care in making arrangements, and shall follow all available guidance from the Slovenia government in relation to making the event COVID-19 safe. They act only as agents in securing hotels, transport and travel services, and shall in no event be liable for acts or omissions in the event of injury, damage, loss, accident delay or irregularity of any kind whatsoever during arrangements organized through contractors. Hotel and transportation services are subject to the terms and conditions under which they are offered to the general public.
In the absence of any negligence or other breach of duty by the Course Organizers or FEBS, these parties shall not be responsible for any bodily injury, illness, death or property damages (including theft) sustained by participants during the event.
In any event, neither the Course Organizers nor FEBS accept liability for damages or costs in the event of bodily injury, death, property damage, illness, disruption to travel plans and costs incurred as a result of events outside of their reasonable control, including (but not limited to) pandemic, natural disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire or closure of airports.
Governing lawAny dispute resulting from the above terms and conditions will be subject to Slovenia’s law, and by accepting these terms you are submitting yourself to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Slovenia.
- Applications Opening
28 March 2022
- EXTENDED: ICGEB Grant
20 June 2022
- EXTENDED: Youth Travel Fund Grants
20 June 2022
- YTF and ICGEB Grant Notification
15 July 2022
- EXTENDED Applications closing
31 August 2022
- Closing times: 23:59 (UTC+01:00)